Accelerating Medical Research and Patient-Centered AI Through Collaboration
March 16, 2021
Dr. Genevera Allen
- Founder and Faculty Director, D2K | Transforming Data to Knowledge Lab, Rice University
- Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Statistics and Computer Science, Rice University
- Investigator at the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute at Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine
Find out why the D2K Lab at Rice University was created and how it is directly impacting medical research and AI.
Some of the key projects that Dr. Allen discussed:
- Detecting arrhythmias in pediatric populations
- NLP chatbot for actively monitoring COVID symptoms with University of Health Science Center at Houston
- Detecting cardiac instability in children prior to cardiac arrest (with Texas Children’s Hospital)
- Finding genomic signatures in age-related macular degeneration (with Baylor College of Medicine)
- Impact of COVID-19 on EMS services (with City of Houston Fire Department)
PREVIEW CLIPS FROM THE WEBINAR
Click on a video below to watch.
What is Rice D2K?
How Rice D2K students helped detect cardiac instability in children
How multi-modal data supports the "cutting edge of healthcare research"
Rice D2K COVID chatbot project using NLP and data mining
What is the D2K Capstone Program?